Unresponsive iPhone 4 Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nusret01, Oct 7, 2011.

1. nusret01 macrumors member

Hey everyone. I'm having a problem with my iPhone. I had one of my friends replace my cracked screen and he mailed it back and ... now when I press the on button, nothing shows up but you can see the screen is lite up from something.. and when I plug it into itunes... it shows the iPhone ... and now I hear it vibrate when I switch the vibrate on / off

i've checked the connectors ... and from watching vids/photos everything seems connected correctly.. cant be a motherboard issue or w/e ... since the phone IS responsive ... just not the screen itself ?

help anyone?

2. jasvncnt macrumors 6502

3. nusret01 thread starter macrumors member

When you say connector, do you mean the wires that were coming off the screen itself? That maybe the case. I'm having the company send out another screen so i'll know soon... i hope.

4. jasvncnt, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011

jasvncnt macrumors 6502

Yeah. Those are the 2 cables connected to the screen. They are pretty easy to pinch and tear. Have to be VERY careful when you put the screen on and fish those 2 cables through the opening. Before you close the top part of the screen to the frame, make sure the cables are all the way through. If not thats when they get pinched. But also cant pull on them too hard or they tear. Or it could just be maybe a bad screen itself. Hopefully the new one will work for ya. I would be interested to know if it does. Good Luck.