Unresponsive iPhone 6S after unlock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KimHansenDK, Jan 14, 2016.

1. KimHansenDK macrumors 6502

I guess that it has been discussed before, but I can't seem to find a fix for the problem on my iPhone 6S 128GB Silver.

I finally got a great device without dead pixels and clicking noise from the back cover - had to go through five devices. BUT now I experience unresponsiveness after unlock with Touch ID or password. It happens when the phone has been 'sleeping' for a few minuts. When unlocked it just hangs for 2-5 seconds before I can actually use the phone. Has anyone experienced this - and is it software or hardware related?

If I disable Touch ID and password the problem is not present.

2. 938092 Suspended

Same issue, 6s 128gb space grey. :(

What's the clicking noise on the back cover?

3. KimHansenDK thread starter macrumors 6502

When I pushed the back of the phone it would click - also when using 3D Touch.

I hope they will fix the issue with freeze after unlock - it seems like software issue.

4. Matthew.H macrumors 6502

Matthew.H

Sounds like software to me. Have you tried restoring through itunes?

5. KimHansenDK thread starter macrumors 6502

Not yet. Could give it a try.

6. Matthew.H macrumors 6502

Matthew.H

Definitely worth a go.

7. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I had this freeze issue on four 6s Plus phones, and one 6s. Basically, every single one I tried.

Do a DFU restore and set up as new. It should clear this up. It worked on all five phones I mentioned, including the 6s I'm typing on now that hasn't had any freezing since I restored it weeks and weeks ago.

DFU Restore Explained:
    https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/DFU_Mode

8. KimHansenDK thread starter macrumors 6502

9. Vicrooloo macrumors regular

Am I one of the lucky ones who didn't have any issues with their phone? Like, I'm laughing because this is the first time I've seen these kinds of posts. When I was on Android and on forums like Android Central, XDA, Android Authority there were rarely posts about people going through dud phones for screen temperature and dead pixels and dust and bugs. It was almost always the "I bricked my phone trying to root"

I find it hard to believe people have gotten dud phones 3+ times. But if it is true, what's up with Apple's QA? Why stay with Apple if you have to return your phone for repairs or replacements 5 times?

10. skiltrip macrumors 68030

You won't find me claiming there's single a shred of sanity in any of this. Lol!

11. 938092 Suspended

The iPhone 6 first few batches had heaps of issues. From what I've seen, experienced and heard, I'd say there's been a huge drop in QC due to the sheer demand for these devices and they have to pump them out real fast.

Anyhow, day 2 with my 6s and still freezing up after unlocking.

12. Klostergaard macrumors newbie

Klostergaard

Try disable touchid, reset via home+power and enable touchid again.
    That solved it for me. :)

13. charleliso macrumors newbie

I had this freeze issue on four 6s Plus phones[​IMG][​IMG]

14. 938092 Suspended

Seems to have worked for me so far, thanks so much :)

15. KimHansenDK thread starter macrumors 6502

A combination of DFU Restore disable/enable Touch ID seemed to do the trick for me. But there is stille a very sligt delay when opening an app after "sleep". I don't know if that is normal?

16. Vicrooloo macrumors regular

I've preordered the iPhone 6 and 6S so my phone was one of the first batches and they operated fine...