Unresponsive iPhone 7 plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Edge1978, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Edge1978 macrumors 6502

Has anyone had the issue where their phone would just freeze? And the only way to fix it is to do a hard reset? This has happened to be twice...anyone else?

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

My phone freezes, but simply locking the phone and unlocking resolves the issue.

3. Edge1978 thread starter macrumors 6502

Unfortunately it won't even let me lock it. None of the buttons work. The lock or volume buttons

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Possibly a future software update could resolve this issue.

5. Beards macrumors 6502a

Beards

Hook it up to iTunes and do either a restore from a backup or a complete restore. If that clears it then you'll know it was a software issue.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

It has happened to me twice. I was able to recover the 2nd time by starting the camera. All buttons froze including the home.

7. Radon87000 macrumors 603

Happened to me this morning and I dont know what I did to start it up.Hard reset was not working,nor the touchscreen.Somehow it resetted.Was your touch working?

8. iBug2 macrumors 68040

Mine froze during restore, physical buttons were working but the screen won't input any touch. So I can't do anything. I can activate voice control by holding down the home button and that's all.

9. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

None of my buttons would respond including volume and home. Touch was working as I was able to swipe up and get to the camera. When I did the buttons started responding again.

This happened with out any warning. Not too concerned as it only happened twice and I am sure that people's iPhone are sending this data to Apple.

10. kis macrumors 65816

I've had lots of app freezes, but double-tapping the home button has so far always gotten me out of it