Unresponsive Keyboard & Trackpad (Possible Temp Fix)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iShorty, Nov 6, 2013.

1. iShorty macrumors regular

iShorty

Before reading, I know it's a known issue and is being resolved by Apple, however I think I found an easier way to fix this issue (for now)

Temporary Solution
    Insert a USB Flash Drive, keyboard and/or mouse into a USB port and it never becomes unresponsive again.

If this works for you, please confirm!

My Story (skip if tl;dr)
    So today my first ever mac arrived the 13" Macbook Pro and within the first 5 mins, it became unresponsive 3 times. Luckily I did some research before my purchase, so I knew to close the lid and re-opened after a couple of mins. After that I inserted a usb mouse then continued to use my trackpad, so afterwards I tried with a keyboard and then a usb pen drive.

If this has already been posted, then I apologise.

2. jonawand macrumors member

Would be interesting to know if this indeed works!

As i ordered a haswell rmpb aswell

3. twisdit macrumors member

Got my rMBP a little over a week ago. Only encountered 3 hangup's so far. I cant say that usb stick works since max i use the mbp is about 1- 1 1/2 hours. I can however, say it does stop the

error.

Im pretty sure its a software error. Besides that issue, my mbp is flawless.

4. ja12ke macrumors newbie

The freeze is happening more frequently now. Froze at least 5 times yesterday.

5. RobboMB macrumors newbie

No joy I'm afraid, only had 1 lockup so far but it was while I had a 2 USB drives connected transferring data over (1 thumb drive and 1 USB hdd)