Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
PA
Hey Guys,

I'm having trouble with a Macbook. This is only happening after I upgraded it to Leopard FYI. Every 30 minutes or so, the keyboard locks up and I can't type until I restart. OS X is telling me I can't install the keyboard software update so I presume it is already installed. Any ideas?

Thanks

BulkHedd

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2006
This has happened to me a couple of times recently. This morning my MacBook's screen saver had kicked in and I wiggled the mouse to bring up the password box and the keyboard would do nothing. I had to hold the power button down to restart then it worked fine.
The first time was a couple of weeks ago, I don't remember what I was doing but I sat down and the keyboard just wouldn't do anything. Mouse/trackpad work fine. Restart always seems to fix it so I assume it's a software issue, not hardware.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
This has happened to me a couple of times recently. This morning my MacBook's screen saver had kicked in and I wiggled the mouse to bring up the password box and the keyboard would do nothing. I had to hold the power button down to restart then it worked fine.
The first time was a couple of weeks ago, I don't remember what I was doing but I sat down and the keyboard just wouldn't do anything. Mouse/trackpad work fine. Restart always seems to fix it so I assume it's a software issue, not hardware.

Any update on this? I just posted a new thread about a similar issue:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/485077/

-Kevin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.