Unresponsive MacBook (late '06)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Namord, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Namord macrumors newbie

I'm going to start by saying that there IS a similar thread like this one, except that is for a MacBook Pro and I don't have that. I'll try my best to explain my case.

In late July of this year, i went for a short vacation to the States. When I woke up, i proceeded to charge my devices (which all of them are Apple-based)I tugged some cables underneath my laptop and it went to the floor. I didn't know what to think or feel about the problem, so I ignored it and kept on truckin. About 2-3 weeks ago i startd to notice that the top was a bit loose and I made a research on it. I found out tht the hinges on Apple laptops were weak. so 2 days ago i went and took apart my laptop. i thought it would be a cakewalk but i was gravely mistaken. this morning I reassembled it properly and to my horror nothign happened.

I turn it on and the light turns on and I hear the HD (I think) and the screen flickers for a moment, but nothing happens. no sound or anything! Another thing to note is that aparently I have 3 cables that may not be commonly found. These connect to the 2 1 and 0 connections on the left side, slightly raised from the LB. The cables have diffrernt colors and they are Black, Blue and Gray. I might've not plugged them or something. i don't have internet on my iPhone or my other phone (sidekick '08) so you could send me an Email OR call me on my mobile (787)909-6026 and ask for Dave.

Don't let this happen to you. If you know what to do, make the call and save me some money!
    -Dave (Jobless Online Student)

2. Namord thread starter macrumors newbie

I want to add to this thread that in the event that you by accident choose to remove your SD RAM sticks, ensure that they go in (they may require a bit of force). The way I did it was by placing the "L" shaped bracket and screwing it in a little, then pushing the sticks in. This should help. In the event that someone may be reading this, only remove them if you choose to upgrade. Thank you and good day.

3. eman macrumors 6502a

Sounds like you fixed your problem and the problem was your ram modules. The black, blue and gray wires are for the wifi antenna and can be plugged in any order.