Unresponsive MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chris1981, Nov 8, 2014.

1. chris1981 macrumors newbie

Hello to the forum,

I have a 17" macbook pro and after a few months it started to freeze. Sometime it freezes a lot sometimes is kind of unresponsive. The mouse cursor is getting crazy, does automatic clicks and in general is doesnt respond correctly.

I have tried all the smc and pram reset but nothing changed. I also replaced it with a new Apple battery but the problem is still there.

When it is plugged in to the power supply it works great. The problems begin when I remove the power supply and the mac works with its battery.
    What I found as a solution is to remove the internal battery completely. Removing the internal battery makes it work perfect.

Any ideas on how to resolve this ? I really need my macbook pro to work without been connected to its magsafe...

2. RoastingPig macrumors 68000

RoastingPig

check the new batterie's health with coconut battery...your new battery might be a bad one.

3. chris1981 thread starter macrumors newbie

I checked the new battery and it is OK.

The strange thing is that my computer has the same behaviour with both batteries. New and old... And works well only when it is plugged to its magsafe.

Any other ideas ?

4. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

Was the old battery bulged?

It may have deformed the top case. This can have an impact when a good battery is inserted.

5. chris1981 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes it was a little. So what do you suggest as a solution ?

6. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

You need to somehow straighten the top case around the trackpad. It's not an easy thing to do, as the difference is only likely to be a couple of mm at the most. Too far and you still have a problem.

7. chris1981 thread starter macrumors newbie

You mean that the battery asks pressure to the trackpad and makes it not work. But as I said it works with the battery inserted when it is plugged to the power supply... So I believe that this is not the case. The problems starts when I disconnect the power supply.

Is there any chance that there is a faulty cable - sensor ?