Unresponsive remote

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Theophil1971, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Theophil1971 macrumors 6502

Theophil1971

My latest gen AppleTV remote has suddenly become less responsive, especially on the touch-surface used for scrolling. Is there any known solution to this problem? I made sure it's charged. I cleaned it. The buttons seem to work fine, just the scroll pad is the issue.

Thanks!!

2. 2010mini macrumors 68040

3. Theophil1971 thread starter macrumors 6502

Theophil1971

Latest. 10.2.
    I don't think it's that. It started suddenly yesterday. Was working perfectly before that. Seems like hardware?
    Thanks!

4. JeffPerrin macrumors regular

JeffPerrin

This happened to me once, too! Have you tried restarting the Apple TV (either by unplugging the power or from the Settings app). Also, try resetting the Siri remote.
    1. Set your remote within three inches of and pointing at your Apple TV. Then press and hold your remote's Menu and Volume Up buttons for five seconds to pair your devices.
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht203777

//

5. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

Mine just did the same thing. Been working great for many months, even earlier today, then all of a sudden it won't hardly register swipes at all. I've tried resetting the ATV and the remote but nothing seems to help.

6. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

7. rctlr macrumors 6502a

rctlr

I got the same (latest tvOS version), restarting the AppleTV solved the problem.

8. JeffPerrin macrumors regular

JeffPerrin

I've found the Siri remote can start acting funny if the batteries are getting low.

9. Theophil1971 thread starter macrumors 6502

Theophil1971

Thanks, everyone. I appreciate the responses.
    I did try resetting it, and unplugging it, which didn't seem to help.
    I also made sure to charge the battery on the remote - still didn't help.
    What did seem to help was reconnecting the remote to the Apple TV, per JeffPerin's suggestion. I'm guessing there was some kind of connectivity issue. It does seem to be working much better now, so thanks! Glad it wasn't something permanent/broken.

10. ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

This has happened to me a couple of times. I've tried everything but it just randomly starts working again.

11. PinballMagician macrumors newbie

PinballMagician

12. ATV4Gamerz macrumors newbie

ATV4Gamerz

Yes, this fixes most issues occurring with Siri Remote
    To do this is simple just hold the "Menu" and "Vol Up" buttons together for 2-3 seconds..
    This will disconnect, reset and then reconnect to your AppleTV most of the time resolving the funkyness. ;)