Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thebrettclark

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2016
Richmond, KY
For the last several weeks I've had instances of my screen becoming unresponsive. I have to press the sleep/wake button and unlock my phone to get it to work but sometimes I have to do it multiple times before it works again. Its an intermittent issue and I never know when it'll decide to act up.

I've also had issues with the screen acting like I'm swiping the screen multiple times even when I'm not actively holding it. For instance I use Spotify in the car and during the middle of a song it'll try to play another song like I've swiped the screen even though its sitting on my dashboard.

I haven't tried restoring my phone yet but just wanted to ask the community if they'd heard of anything similar.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
For the last several weeks I've had instances of my screen becoming unresponsive. I have to press the sleep/wake button and unlock my phone to get it to work but sometimes I have to do it multiple times before it works again. Its an intermittent issue and I never know when it'll decide to act up.

I've also had issues with the screen acting like I'm swiping the screen multiple times even when I'm not actively holding it. For instance I use Spotify in the car and during the middle of a song it'll try to play another song like I've swiped the screen even though its sitting on my dashboard.

I haven't tried restoring my phone yet but just wanted to ask the community if they'd heard of anything similar.

What models phone do you have?

Is it under warranty?

Been dropped or damaged?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.