Unresponsive screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iceblink, Feb 5, 2010.

1. iceblink macrumors newbie

iceblink

I dropped my iphone 3G and about 3/4 of the way down on my screen is unresponsive. I decided to reset it just by the slim chance it would magically work again. Unfortunately it didn't work and now the screen keeps coming up with a message telling me I can rearrange apps or whatever. The dismiss button just happens to be in the section that no longer responds. I was planning on waiting for the newer model to get a new one and I could get by with part of the screen not working except that I can't do anything until I get the menu out of the way. Before I reset I could still make calls and such but now I all I can do is answer because the menu goes away and I can slide the unlock bar. Is there any way to get around this menu? I know there is some way I can control my phone from my mac but I'm not sure if I can do that without downloading an app on cydia or something like that and since I can't do anything except for turning it on thats not gonna happen.

Menu I'm stuck at - http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/iceblink_/?action=view&current=IMG_0682.png

2. CupertinoiPhone macrumors member

The Digitizer is dislodged from the Glass

There is a small gap created between the digitizer & glass with the drop. That is the reason the Touch Screen becomes unresponsive.

You will need the Touch Screen Replacement repair.

-Ganesh