unresponsive slide to unlock!!!!1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by n0nam3r, Feb 23, 2011.

1. n0nam3r macrumors newbie

when i was typing on my jailbroken iphone 2g i couldnt hit the space bar or anything on the bottom screen.so i put it to sleep but realized that i couldnt unlock it. i tried restarting it by hand . i restored it and rejailbroke it but nothing changes .. im panicking and dont know how to fix it...my iphone is like my life

2. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

First of all, calm down. Your phone is not your life. Second, you might have a dead spot on your phone. It happened to my brother. He got it replaced but that was also more than 2 years ago. I'm not sure if apple will do anything for such an old phone especially if they can tell you jailbroke it; which I've heard they can. I'd try the genius bar and be honest. Lying will probably get you nowhere. They seem to help honest and up front people more than liars and people trying to cheat them. Good luck.

3. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

I have had the same issue on my iPhone 4 a few time. Most of the time I hit the sleep button and retry it and it works. Since I put an otterbox on it a few days ago, it seems to happen more frequently.

A side not, sometimes some of the letters on the keyboard don't respond. Does this ever happen to anyone else. Its rather annoying and seems to only happen to the "I" button. It will continually recognize my input of "i" as a "y". very annoying.

4. eNcrypTioN macrumors 6502

5. apple3g040193 macrumors 6502

apple3g040193

that sorta happens tom me my o gets recognized as i

6. uneek1 macrumors regular

This happened to my 2g as well, the right row of icons won't let you click them. But I washed my with my laundry, so thats what caused it. You'll probably have to upgrade see as how old yours in now.

7. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

The same thing didn't happen to your phone, you washed it. If you're not an idiot with your phone, the 2G is still a great piece of tech and doesn't need upgraded unless you want to.

8. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple