Unresponsive touchscreen issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by qpid360, Dec 20, 2014.

1. qpid360 macrumors 6502

qpid360

I've seen quite a few posts on the internet regarding the touchscreen becoming unresponsive and it happens to my 6 Plus even after hard resets, restore, start as new phone...

I'm debating whether it's worth exchanging it for a new one because if it's a software issue, it'll inevitably happen again. Has anyone dealt with this issue and replaced the device? Did the problem come back?

2. EOB macrumors regular

I have had this happen once to my 6+. The only solution was to press the power button and the screen was responsive again, haven't happened since.

The one annoying issue I have is when I try to use safari in Landscape mode, most of the time it wont switch to landscape mode automatically, I have to orientate the phone vertically, then go back horizontally, then it switches to landscape.

3. qpid360 thread starter macrumors 6502

qpid360

What I find strange is that my friend's 6 Plus does not exhibit these issues at all. I mean none. And we're running the same OS version.

But if it was due to hardware, why is it so random?

4. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, it's happened maybe 2 or 3 times. It happened yesterday while I was using an app. I just assumed it was a problem with the app. How often does it happen for you?

5. qpid360 thread starter macrumors 6502

qpid360

It happens often enough that I wanna chuck the phone out the window haha. It happens mostly on Safari, but spread out to other apps as well.

6. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

maybe try a fresh restore and sync your info back. don't do it from a backup

7. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

It happens all the time for me. Hitting app icons and typing on the keyboard etc. I'm forever pressing two or three times before the phone responds. Hate this lack of response and it's ruining my enjoyment of the phone.

8. qpid360 thread starter macrumors 6502

qpid360

As I mentioned, did a restore and started as new. Didn't help. Same issues.

9. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Same here. My 6+ has had an intermittent non-responsive screen through two versions of iOS8 and two clean installs. I feel like I have to really tap the screen in order for it to do something. Typing is laborious! This issue rears its head every single time I use the phone, but not every single time I touch the screen.

10. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Have not experienced this at all on my 6 plus

11. McWizard macrumors member

12. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

As speedy through the UI as your old iPhone 5/5S (if you had one)? My iPhone 5 smokes my 6+ when it comes to responsive touchscreen antics.

13. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Clearly somethings wrong with your i6+ then if your 5 is more responsive

14. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

With so many people reporting lag with the 6+, I'm just trying to make sure that it is definitely a hardware fault (rather than a software issue, or a hardware limitation) before taking mine back. If I take it back I'll be getting a refurb and then doing the iPhone gamble with yellow screens, loose buttons, clicking screens, dust behind the camera cover etc. The very fact the OP brought up lag, and I've seen numerous people mention it, makes me believe that this isn't a 'one off' when it comes to my own phone. I don't know how to play it from here to be honest. Typing this whole post has been fine, yet I typed a SMS earlier which was keyboard lag city #

15. Bahroo macrumors 68000

"So many people reporting" , a small forums post on Macrumors on the vast depth of the internet does not constitute "so many people reporting" and in reality is actually very insigificant. And my 6 Plus runs buttery smooth with no touchscreen issues at all so i think it might be a defective device then

Are you using a 3rd party keyboard?

16. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

No, all stock.
    There have been numerous posts both here and on the Apple forums about 6+ handsets lagging, certainly enough for me to realise that it isn't a one-off problem with my own device.

17. McWizard macrumors member

This phone doesn't lag, but some apps do because they haven't been optimized for iPhone 6-+ this phone is a beast!

18. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Sure i dont doubt people have issues with their device , but my 6 Plus does not exhibit any of that behavior at all and with that being said it really does seem like you have a defective device

19. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

ROFL, are these threads still happening? LOL MR.

20. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

If you are having this problem then you should get it replaced. If you are worried about getting a bad replacement, then make sure everything is right with it before you leave the store.