Unresponsive Trackpad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nattK, Jan 23, 2015.

1. nattK macrumors newbie

I'm currently using a 13' Retina MacBook Pro (mid 2014) and starting yesterday I have been experiencing an unresponsive trackpad that acts up occasionally. The issue occurs halfway through use, and closing the lid or rebooting the system only temporarily resolves the issue, with the trackpad becoming unresponsive again minutes later.

Currently my only option is to use an external bluetooth mouse when my trackpad fails, but occasionally my trackpad will go out of control and starts moving the cursor around and alternating between active applications while completely ignoring my external mouse.

I'm just curious whether any other users are experiencing the problem. I tried Apple's support forum, but apparently people are having the issue with the external trackpad, not with the built-in MacBook trackpad. It might be a similar issue that plagued the 13' Retina MacBook Pro (late 2013) in 2013 I guess.

2. eneisch macrumors 6502a

3. nattK thread starter macrumors newbie

Yup, just checked. No updates. :( I guess if it's a software issue Genius Bar wouldn't be able to fix it?