Unresponsive Trackpad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Fame Monster, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Fame Monster macrumors newbie

I got my Macbook Pro a couple of months ago, but lately I have had problems with the trackpad. There are times when I try clicking using tap and clicking by pressing down and get no response. Any possible reason for this?

2. Fame Monster thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Xemi macrumors newbie

I'm getting something similar. Its like it does work but every now and again when just tapping (not pressing the pad in) its not responding so have to press again until it responds no idea why its happening lol

4. stillmatic macrumors member

OP, I had this same issue and the Software Update 10.6.4 fixed it for me.

The first thing in the changelog was actually this:

"resolved an issue that causes the keyboard or trackpad to become unresponsive"

So, just update your OS X and you should be good to go.

5. hpearce macrumors newbie

same

I have the same problem even with the recent upgrade.
    Either the trackpad doesn't record my click correctly or frequently I will press a menu selection on the menu bar and it will flash and then immediately disappear - this usually happens the first time I use the menu bar for an application.

I have found no solutions on google other than an internal folded paper trick which might work but is hard to implement if you have a unibody.

I am veru disappointed in the trackpad responsiveness on the mac ... it is unlikely I will spend the amount of money I did for such a crappy machine again.

6. Dark Goob macrumors regular

Dark Goob

No it's because some of the trackpads are simpy defective. If you have this issue, thake it to the Genius Bar and get it replaced.

That's what I did... Only problem is, the problem got worse, not better. It only happens if i am running the GPU heavily.

I guess I have to have it replaced again. Luckily it takes them less than a day to swap it out.

7. jdaniel macrumors 65816

I had that problem with late 09 model 15" I had it replaced and it was fine after that. you might need to do a reset, whatever you call it when you press a few buttons and restart and let them go after 2 beeps etc... because mine ran hot after the replacement. but was ok after reset

8. sauer228 macrumors member

Ive noticed mine doing the same thing. I know it is recognizing my tap, but it doesn't do anything. For example if I'm clicking on a button, it will depress the button, but not until I click the trackpad does it take action.