Unresponsive Web Browsing / Scrolling in OSX

Discussion in 'macOS' started by GreenHerring, Nov 21, 2010.

1. GreenHerring macrumors newbie

I'm experiencing a rather strange issue in OSX, and would love any assistance that could be provided. :]

Issue: When browsing pages with any media, such as photos, my browser will be completely unresponsive until the page has loaded completely. This can be quite annoying when loading pages such as Engadget; it may take 3-10 seconds for the page to completely load, and during that time I am totally unable to look around the page. Once the page has loaded, scrolling may or may not be jumpy.

More details: I have tested this on identically equipped and lesser equipped computers, and all other tested computers do not display this phenomenon. Neither clicking on the right side scroll bar, nor two finger swiping on the trackpad, nor using arrow keys makes any difference. All methods yield unresponsive scrolling until the page is fully loaded.

My configuration: Snow Leopard 10.6.5. MBP purchased new from Apple two months ago with Core i7, 4GB RAM, 500GB 7200RPM HDD, glossy high-res screen.

Have tested with Safari, Chrome, and Firefox, makes no difference. Flash enabled and disabled, makes no difference. Have tested with many applications open and NO other applications open, makes no difference. Tested with loaded Dashboard and totally cleared Dashboard, makes no difference. Tested immediately after reboot and after extended general use, makes no difference. Have also uninstalled many unnecessary applications, again, makes no difference. No other applications are obviously hogging CPU cycles or RAM.

2. MasterTick, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2010

MasterTick macrumors 6502

Im having this exact issue also, I also have the exact same MBP as you.

Really annoying issue.

Resetting the PRAM doesn't solve the issue either.

3. robert05au macrumors regular

robert05au

Which browser are you guys using?

I see this with some sites using FF 3.6.12

This was happening a bit before with 10.6.4

I am using safari at times and see it with the same sites also

4. MasterTick macrumors 6502

I'm using Chrome mostly, but I've found the issue to be happening in every browser.

5. CMelton macrumors regular

CMelton

I'm getting this too, on a late 2007 MacBook running 10.6.5, though the problem has occurred since 10.6.4

Primarily using safari, but chrome also has this issue. Now matter how many applications are open the result s are the same.

Any ideas?