Unresponsivness

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tech198, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Tech198 macrumors G4

WHy does this constantly happen ?

In OS X Mountain Lion, (especially when booting from the Recovery Partition for example), sometimes the Mac goes to sleep, but when you wake it up. the screen disapley is still black. everything is unresponsive, even the keyboard, although the sleep indictator is not pulsing/on at all. The trackpad does not operate, nor does the Caps Lock key see any reponsive Led

Since you can't see anything, you only option would be to power off/power on.

This has happened more than once on my 2012-MBP.. even SMC reset din't help.

This is alsp fatel during a write action taking place.

2. lazer155 macrumors regular

I've had this happen several times to my iMac 2010 21 inch. Occasionally my 2009 MBP will do it to. Mainly the iMac though. Both are on lion. Resetting smc, restoring lion, and repairing disk permissions haven't helped. It didn't do it when I first installed lion and only stared happening within the last few months. I was thinking it was an update glitch or something.

I'm going to upgrade them both to mountain lion once my RMBP gets here so I can redeem it for a copy. Hopefully that fixes them.

Also I made sure that there are no run away programs in the backgroud or items to print that are keeping the macs from sleeping and waking up te right way. That didn't help either.