Unsafed shutdown cout in macbook pro 2013 (294)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Eugene El, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Eugene El macrumors newbie

DrDrive shows that "unsafed shutdown cout" is 37 but I've just bought my macbook and switched off it less than 37 times.
    Is it problem and dangerous? How to solve it?
    Or maybe use another app?

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

One solution would be to remove that App.
    If your app (whatever it is) does not tell you how to interpret and use the numbers that it provides, then it doesn't have much value, in my opinion.

Can you post a link to that "DrDrive"? I can't find any mention of it anywhere on the 'net.

In searching for your "unsafe shutdown count", I think you can ignore that number, particularly if you have an SSD.

3. Eugene El thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, I wrote wrong app's name. The correct is
    DriveDx and here is the link to it:
    http://binaryfruit.com/drivedx
    Maybe I should use another app?
    What app could you advice?
    Which shows lifetime of SSD in days/month too.

4. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

There's always a challenge when you use an app that gives you a lot of information, then relies on you to decide if it is important.
    You are asking about Unsafe Shutdown Count, and why it is obviously inaccurate.
    (in my opinion, Unsafe Shutdowns do not need to be reported with an SSD, because it doesn't appear to affect the health of an SSD, while it does affect a hard drive - and it concerns you with inaccurate (or wrong) information.
    That, my friend, would be a perfect question for the software developer (binaryfruit.com). Maybe it's just a bug that you need to report to that developer.