Unsanity updater - what is this?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by equalsabracket, Aug 16, 2009.

1. equalsabracket macrumors regular

Once every now and again i get a program pop up called Unsanity updater which says 'Application Enhancer has been updated.' and gives me the choice of whether i want to update it, but this isn't in my applications menu, searching my computer for this returns nothing and i have no idea what Unsanity or Application Enhancer are and i don't know how to uninstall them. Does anybody have any clue?

2. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

3. tpf1952 macrumors newbie

I'm equally clueless, and annoyed.

Unfortunately, the link to the Unsanity site is of no use in ridding my system of this popup. There's nothing in my system folder to remove. I understand that Snow Leopard will reject this application. I can't wait! Anybody else know what it takes to clear this stuff off our machines?

Tom F
    Raleigh, NC

4. Inofaith macrumors newbie

Hey, I had the exact same problem.

When I looked at the unsanity website and saw their software I remebered that I had installed "windowshade x" at some time.

So I looked up the installer pack, and It also doubles as uninstaller. So I uninstalled it.

I think I'm clear of those vague update messages now. hope this helps.

5. Bmode macrumors regular

Is it working for you now? I just did the automatic update from Unsanity and Windowshade X only works on certain applications for me? It won't Windowshade Firefox, but shades Safari fine? I don't know how you newer Mac users do it without windowshading, but going to the dock is too much mouse movement for me, even with my trackball. When you've been a Mac OS user since system 7, Windowshade is a must.

6. gab146 macrumors newbie

stopped working

Windowshade is one of my most used haxie...I can't live without it...all of a sudden none of unsanity's haxies work...I used fruit menu as well...who knows what happened but it must have been their application enhancer that messed up....