Unsolicited Tapping?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by macduke, Aug 10, 2015.

1. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

I just received my first taps. I don't personally know anyone who has an Apple Watch. Nor do I recognize this number. When I Googled the number it seemed to match a person's name that I don't recognize.

So is unsolicited tapping a thing? Do spammers try looking through all phone numbers to see who has an Apple Watch? Is it possible to do something like that and try to rob people? So weird. Will I keep getting random taps from this person or can I block the tapping? This is really weird!!

Ahhh! I was about to hit "Create Thread" and it happened again! Same number. What can I do?

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Do you have iMessages set up to receive at your e-mail address AND phone number? I used to get spam @ the e-mail address so I removed it and let it only send to my mobile number.

3. macduke thread starter macrumors 604

macduke

I don't think I've ever received iMessage spam, but I did have it set to receive at all of my primary .mac, .me and .icloud addresses. I don't need that so its disabled. Thanks for the help and hopefully I'll stop getting creepy taps while trying to put my kid to bed…haha.

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Hope that was it. Kinda stinks that non-Apple outsiders can send iMessages to your e-mail address.

5. macduke thread starter macrumors 604

macduke

I haven't received any more messages since then. I couldn't even see the taps listed on my iPhone so that I could block them. I don't know if Apple continues to let you receive taps if you don't respond, but thanks for the help!

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

My pleasure.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

If there is a number associated, why not block the number and that should stop the taps.