unsolved questions....(dead pixels, speakers)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dsprimal, Jun 9, 2010.

1. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

Hey all, found topics of course on the dead pixel issues, but didn't find a direct answer to my own question on dead pixels. which is, i read dead pixels can be caused by knocking ur screen into something or hitting your screen/touching your screen. after hearing about this, i got paranoid because when i cleaned my screen with iklear and a microfiber cloth i was a tad bit rough at times trying to rub out some crusty specs on my screen (to all u dirty minded ppl....its not what you think). should i be worried? and through the dead pixel test, will i definitely notice a dead pixel? or do i really need to blind my eyes and scan through every inch of the test?

second question about the speakers, i use headphones a lot, and ive had times where i would hear static spark up when plugging in the headphone jack. when unplugging i hear it as well...can this "static" connection when plugging/pulling of the headphone jack cause an imbalance on speaker output on the mbp?

thanks all!

2. iSpoody 1243 macrumors 6502

if you don't have a dead pixel now its very very very unlikely one will pop up. i have had lcds that have had outrageous things happen to them and they still work fine. no dead or stuck pixels. be careful, not anal retentive.

3. dsprimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

dsprimal