unsqueeze wide-screen

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by jmak, May 19, 2008.

1. jmak macrumors newbie

I used Streamclip to get a widescreen clip, it's the real wide screen, 2:35, not 16:9, but the image is squeezed. Any advice, suggestions as to how to unsqueeze or be able to present the clip in 2.35 but unsqueezed greatly appreciated.

2. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

If you're just watching the clip, try VLC (VideoLanClient). There's a bunch of aspect ratio settings.

ft

3. JackRipper macrumors regular

It's not an elegant solution and will take some tinkering to get it right, but ffmpegX will do the trick.

4. Everythingisnt macrumors 6502a

Everythingisnt

It's easy to do if you have FCP 2 or later.. Just click on the 'motion' parameters and adjust the scale - or even easier, use the wireframe setting to stretch it to your desired size, then re-format your frame back to 2:35.

A quick fix I've used many times when trying to get a widescreen ration on uncooperative systems is to load my finished product (16:9, 2:35, doesn't matter) into a 4:3 iMovie project, and save it as 4:3 with the letterboxing.. (Much more elegant then having your movie squeezed when something goes wrong).

Of course, outside of FCP I am pretty clueless on how to fix the problem you've set out.

5. jmak thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the info, I didn't get email notification for some reason even though it's checked. Don't use iMovie at all, but maybe I should, at least for these kinds of things..

thanks again,
    Jim

6. highjumppudding macrumors 6502

highjumppudding