Unstable Signal / Unable to Sync after upgrading to iOS 7.0.6

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by daremigio, Mar 6, 2014.

1. daremigio macrumors newbie

I just updated from iOS 7.0.4 to 7.0.6 and now my carrier signal is UNSTABLE. It will have a complete signal with 3G, and then after a few seconds the 3G signal will be lost and then the carrier symbol will be lost, and then the signal bar will decrease from 5 bars to no signal at all and then just repeat the cycle. I can receive messages but only when the signal is complete. I'm very frustrated coz i also use mg 3G connection as my internet through tethering but since the signal is unstable, i can't use it. :(

Also, i am unable to sync in iTunes. I have the latest version of iTunes.

Already tried to reboot my iPhone, restart iTunes, restart my Mac, tried different USB ports, tried different cables but still i can't sync. -_-

Error message:
    The iPhone cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (-50).

Are the unstable signal and unable to sync really because of iOS 7.0.6? Does anybody experience the same thing? My iPhone is really useless because of this. I shouldn't have update to iOS 7.0.6. Why will Apple release a very buggy update. -_-

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Have you tried resetting network settings on the phone? Perhaps even resetting all settings? And if that doesn't work, maybe restoring and reinstalling to see if that might fix it.

3. daremigio thread starter macrumors newbie

I just tried resetting all settings now. But still, the signal is unstable. I actually restored around 4 times already too. But the problems are still there. I'm not sure if this had to do with my iPhone overheating last sunday. It says "This iPhone must cool down before you can use it". After sometime, i saw that i have 0 bytes left in my storage but i remember i still have 12GB free. I didn't add any media to make my storage 0 bytes left. -_- So because of that, i restored my iPhone to the latest iOS 7.0.6 and now these problems occurred. Useless iPhone. :(

4. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

Make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store.

5. daremigio thread starter macrumors newbie

Well i guess that would be better. Or maybe i'll just wait for iOS 7.1 first and see if anything will change.

6. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

Might be waiting a while. DFU restore it and see if it helps. 7.1 may be June before its out.

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Did you restore as new and then check your phone before restoring data back onto your phone? Restore as new and then don't restore from a backup to see if the problems persist.

8. daremigio thread starter macrumors newbie

Really? Well, i need to look for more options now. Can't allow my iPhone to be useless like this until June. I thought iOS 7.1 will be out in a few days before the iTunes Fest. -_- I'll research DFU restore and hope that it solves my problems.

----------

I did not try to restore as new. What i did first is that i backup-up locally and tried to restore from that backup which didn't worked too. Unable to sync / Unstable signal. Then i restored again from my iCloud backup, the apps are downloading but i am still unable to sync music, videos, etc and the signal is still unstable. I actually thought about restoring as new just to isolate things out. I'll try it now. Thanks for suggesting!

9. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

I was kidding about June. Figured that would be obvious. But it could be end of March. DFU is a good place to start then as mentioned do not restore a backup just yet. Once you ave determined if its better or not you can restore the backup. better if you use iTunes as you can restore the backup a lot easier and without having to restore again (as with iCloud)

10. daremigio thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem solved!

Thanks to both of your suggestions. :)
    What i did is to restore as new iphone in DFU mode. After that, the signal is became stable. So then i tried to restore my backup in iTunes. But then the sync error (-50) still appears. I am unable to sync. After so many hours of troubleshooting, i've discovered that when i include syncing of iPhoto, it causes the unknown error (-50). I researched it and yeah, it is a known issue. I have yet to resolve it.

What's important is that my unstable signal was resolved by DFU restore as new iphone. And the sync error (-50) was not caused by iOS 7.0.6 but was caused by iPhoto. Aaaaah so many problems! -_- Bur at least i can use my iphone now.

Also, i also tried restoring my icloud backup just to test if the signal will be stable. But it is still unstable even with DFU restore. I guess my icloud backup has problems.

11. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

Glad it helped. And your backup most likely will work if afterwards you go to settings>general>reset>reset all settings. Let it reboot afterwards.That will reset your settings but leave your apps and data intact. It will reboot and you will have to go through and select the settings you want. Also any wifi networks will have to be added back. Wallpaper will default back as well so simply changing that back will resolve.

12. daremigio thread starter macrumors newbie

I think i'll just create a recent backup. I don't wanna reset my settings again. Anyway, i still have that iPhoto syncing error. whew... iOS 7.1 did not resolve it. I think iPhoto has the problem.