Unstable spaces

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MarcheurDeCiel, Feb 7, 2009.

1. MarcheurDeCiel macrumors newbie

Hello, Forum Newbie here, so forgive me if this issue has been dealt with earlier.

My query: anyone else have a problem where different apps suddenly jump from one space to another?

For example: I'll have skype and mail open in space one, word/excel/ppt in two. When I switch from two to one to check my email, no problem. When I switch back to continue with ppt, i discover that my ppt palette has followed me to space one like a faithful dog, but then got lost there, apparently unable to find its way back to space two. So I go back up to space one to fetch him back home and then get back only to discover that the excel palette has gone looking for his friend in space three where I've got GE running! It's like an old Abott & Costello flick.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Cyber kennels to keep these puppies in one place?

2. psipsina macrumors newbie

psipsina

I'm having a similar problem and would love an answer to this.

For instance when I'm working with word in one space and it starts to autosave it jumps to another space to show the autosave box.

And I can't figure out how to use the same app in two different spaces. I set it up but all of a sudden all the app windows jump to the same space. I don't have spaces assigned to apps so that isn't the problem.

I love this program but would love to fix these glitches somehow.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

4. MarcheurDeCiel thread starter macrumors newbie