Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SSpiro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 30, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Try it.
I already posted a full proof solution but I don't think you wanna follow it..

It's not that I don't want to, its that I don't know 100% on how to do it. How do I make the ipsw? Does ifaith work on a PC?

EDIT: Found my answer..
http://www.iphonejailbreakfaq.com/ifaith-save-shsh-blobs-of-old-firmware/

So run this program, dump SHSH. Restore to 4.2.8. Then within ifaith, run the "build signed ispw from blob", then redsn0w?

I thought itunes didn't have 4.2.8 though? If he jb'd the day he got the phone, what are the chances he'll have a backup of 4.2.8 saved? Especially if he's synced since?

SSpiro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 30, 2007
Atlanta, GA
A new ifaith is out. If u can wait I would ask u to wait little. Let some ppl test it then try it. Or u will b stuck with 4.2.10 :)

OK.. so wait to see that the latest ifaith works well, then run this program, dump SHSH. Restore to 4.2.8. Then within ifaith, run the "build signed ispw from blob", then redsn0w?

Abs_p

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2011
OK.. so wait to see that the latest ifaith works well, then run this program, dump SHSH. Restore to 4.2.8. Then within ifaith, run the "build signed ispw from blob", then redsn0w?

Wait.
See If it works.
Run ifaith dump shsh
Build a signed ipsw
Put phone In pwned dfu.
Shift restore In iTunes using the ipsw u made from ifaith

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.