Unstable wifi ipad1 & ipad2 !

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Alfan83, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Alfan83 macrumors newbie

Following 6 months of troubles for read video on youtube (no problem on dailymotion), and after multiple test with speedtest tools on my ipad, I can confirmed That wifi is unstable on ipad1 and ipad2... If someone have a solution, I Will be very happy to try it ! Tanks !

2. Alfan83 thread starter macrumors newbie

Here, in France,

Here, in France, there are many people who complain of problem to read video on youtube and it seems that this is due to wifi instability on the IPAD. Is this the case with you ?

3. Stefx73 macrumors regular

No wifi issue on either my iPad 1 or 2

What band is your wifi? b? g? n?
    What channel are you using?
    Have you done a frequency traffic survey?
    Have you tried changing the channel of your router?
    Do you have a 2.4 GHz wireless telephone? Is it one of those "broad spectrum" phones that keeps scanning the various channels, using the one with the least traffic?

4. Alfan83 thread starter macrumors newbie

I resume the situation

I apologize for my English :

It's a box with wifi MIMO 802.11 g and I have no problem with my Iphone 3GS.

So, I have to explain to you what I did.
    Following these problems, I called Apple and finaly, after multiple tests, they agreed to change my iPad.

When I went to the Apple Store to exchange, I used the time waiting to do some tests with the application "speedtest". The results is that There was a bandwidth of 10 MB and Youtube has worked flawlessly on my Ipad, even in HD. Home, with a bandwidth of 2 MB video playback is impossible,while it works perfectly on a PC connected wirelessly.

The tests with "speedtest" revealed that the WiFi signal on the ipad was very unstable at the Apple Store (like home), except that, with a flow rate of 10 megabytes, the rise and fall of the signal are more easily unnoticed than with a connection of 2 MB. That, added to how YouTube manages bandwidth for videos causes this problems that can't be solved for people who have connection under 4 or 5 Mb. I said that I made ​​tests with the old and the new iPad.

My conclusion is this: The IPAD has a bad wireless connection (you can check by running tests regularly and storing results, you will see by yourself) and it does not forgive when you read video with a bandwidth of less than 5 MB I think YouTube is well aware, since all this time, but they don't do nothing for that... And we? We paid for the stuff that works evil, it is our problem... What else ?

So I resigned myself...

I think the problem will be solved with a tablet that has a reliable and stable wireless connection, maybe a galaxy tab... I don't know...

In fact, I sell a Ipad1 if anyone cares? It is new, it has two months, I just change it ! You can contact me by private message ! :D