Unstable?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Leemo, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Leemo macrumors 6502

Leemo

Really liking the iPhone...

But.

Over the last day or so it has decided to freeze on occasion whilst 'sliding to unlock' leaving it on that screen. I've had to then do a hard reset, which seems to fix it for a while.

Anyone else come across this? I'm going to try a full restore when I get home, but it hasn't given me great confidence in the stability of it so far.

2. ibanana macrumors 6502

had the same issue 5mns ago. screen was not responding, slide was frozen half way thru. had to force quit and now all back to normal. don't like that tho.

3. Leemo thread starter macrumors 6502

Leemo

Glad I'm not alone - but it annoys me when I really like the phone!

4. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

I just started having this issue to. It's happened to me 3 times. I just can't remember if it happened right after I did the 1.1.2 upgrade, or if it happened before on 1.1.1.

5. mikehockenballs macrumors member

mikehockenballs

This has happened to me twice now, once when I first got the phone and jailbroke it, so I put it down to that. And then once this morning.
    The one today seemed to be because the iphone was showing 'No Service' where the carriers name is on the screen. I had also just added my own ringtones the night before and set the alarm to wake me up at 6.00am with one of the new ringtones that I had added and the phone must have locked up because of one of these two reasons.
    I usually have the mrs ring my mobile to wake me up as a failsafe but the phone went straight to answerphone cos there was no service, so she had to come all the way home from work to wake me up the kind soul!

I will keep my eye on it to see what the reason could be in future. :mad: