unstopable Y- button insertion on Windows partition, while most mac-functions are out

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Benjaminhuyghe, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Benjaminhuyghe macrumors newbie

Hi,
    ...in advance, sorry for bad english:eek:

Have only just started using Mac and have been very happy using it,
    having had no bugs, flaws or errors whatsoever, up till now.
    And to be quite frank , this one has me beaten ( not that that's too hard)

So, I was playing a game on the windows partition when I opened a text-screen to send a message. However it was rapidly getting filled with "Y"s
    I'm not sure how and why ( pun intended:D) but at some point something happend (perhaps a lethal key-combination?) so that my computer kept typing "Y"s, I got the Y-button out of the keyboard and saw nothing wrong.
    I put it back and started Mac, where I miracoulously didn't have any Y-problems, ( I then went back to Windows, where the Y-problem was still alive.)
    Back on Mac, my Dock no longer enlarged when I scrolled over it, when I clicked menu-bars I have to move over the subdivision-options while keeping the mouse pressed, to go to them. Exposé only worked once in 100 mouse-swipes, etc.

Is there anyone who knows what's going on with my precious Mac?:(
    what could have caused this... how to restore it ?
    I'm at the end of my wits :confused:

Thanks,

2. mike10c macrumors newbie

Yssss

I can't tell what has gone wrong, but why not restore your Vista o/s back to a date before you had the problem. Go to control panel/restore and then follow the instructions.