Unstoppable DFU loop, huge trouble, emergency!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ddong, Nov 13, 2011.

?

What the hell should i decide to do tomorrow?

Poll closed Nov 16, 2011.
  1. Restore 5.0.1 and ask replacement

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Restore 5.0.1 and try using it with JB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. If restore to 5.0.1 fail, what do i do?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ddong macrumors member

Hello,

My device was in 5.0 firmware, freshly received from apple (replacement) but i quickly noticed it started freezing then respringing every once a while (usually about 30min, mostly using safari). It was jailbroken with the redsn0w beta. I thought about hardware issue but first wanted to try a restore.

Fact is apple don't sign anymore 5.0 since there's a new one, and i couldn't restore even though i had SSH saved... I made an iFaith 4.3.3 custom before so i used and SADLY it ****ING worked :( Why sadly? Cause after it finished, it was in DFU mode. Ok, nothing terrible, i just use tether boot. Fact is after it started normally, everything i'll reboot it, it'll be in DFU again.

It's not a joke (sadly)... I then tried to restore to 4.2.1 (why not)? And surprisingly it worked, but DFU again and can't tether boot. So back to 4.3.3 iFaith and try to find a way to get rid of that damn DFU but after (so many) hours of search, still i can't find anything. At the moment it don't even want to tether boot anymore. Makes me think about hardware more and more...

If i iFaith again, it'll maybe restart with a tether boot. Or i can just update to 5.0.1 but then i won't have tethered JB and maybe same crashes? If it succeed... Cause if it don't, how can i send it to apple. I must restore and official firmware before they get it or they'll see it's custom/JB. If replacement is done, i'll get a new one with 4.3.5 firmware on.

If i'm lucky... It could be 5.0.1! And then wait forever for JB..? The situation is very critical... Not mentioning the fact that i use the device for everything and i'm not without all my clock alarm, schedules etc... So i can't stay like that and wait long, i must do something quickly... Do you see anything i could do now? Even if not, please post a little message to cheer it up :(

Bye :apple:

2. E4tH, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011

E4tH macrumors newbie

Actually you can get a tether jailbreak on 5.0.1, you just need to either download the latest redsnow or just point the current redsnow you have at the 5.0 firmware instead of 5.0.1 during the jailbreak process.

edit:
    Also downgrading to 5.0 doesn't work using SHSH anymore, if you have SHSH for pre-iOS5 those should still work but any firmware from iOS5 and onward will not work anymore.

3. ddong thread starter macrumors member

Yes sure, i know that. 5.0.1 is already tethered... But maybe never Untethered. That's the problem! As for pre-iOS5, i have a 4.3.3 custom firmware done with iFaith, and it has lead to were i am... If you got time, read my 1st post again, it's so long that it might be confusing. THANKS for answering anyway ;)

4. E4tH macrumors newbie

Ok as you said your iPhone replacement came with 5.0 installed and to create a working 4.3.3 custom iFaith you still need the SHSH blobs for 4.3.3 and since your iPhone came with 5.0, I don't see how you would have the SHSH blobs for it. Unless by chance the previous owner of the replacement iPhone had their the SHSH blobs saved on cydia. So at this point it doesn't matter if you update to 5.0.1 because as you said apple has already stopped signing 5.0 and you need the SHSH blobs for anything pre-iOS5.

5. ddong thread starter macrumors member

In fact, that custom iFaith was done with my previous iPod, since nothing worked and i saw on umbrella that SHSH were saved (but maybe its a mistake, maybe it was another device with same name..) i thought i'll try and it worked... Well sort of worked, now it's just fucc**

6. ddong thread starter macrumors member

Ok the news are bad... Trying to restore to 5.0.1 gives me error 3194 and trying tethered boot fails (stop at *waiting for reboot*)... What do i do now? :(

----------

Update : The boot tethered worked... I heard the sound that device make when it's plugged with USB... But the screen is still black! And when i try restore on iTunes, it still tells me error 3194! Seriously, this is now totally above my knowledge :(

7. E4tH macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Did you make sure that you deleted the 74.208.151.171 gs.apple.com line from your host file or made sure that you didn't leave the "set host to cydia on exit" option checked the last time you used tinyumbrella.

8. ddong thread starter macrumors member

I found that before coming back, yeah that was it... Shame! Usually i uncheck this box... I'm now in last version, will see if crash happens! Maybe i should install that "semitether" package?