Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frizers

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2013
So I bought my 16gb iPhone 4S when it came out for £499. Since then the 16gb 5 went to £529 and then the 5S to £549 from apple brand new. I'm going to upgrade my iPhone 4S to the 6 whenever it comes out and I want to have at least 32gb of space so I can store some films.

Now admittedly even if the price goes up again, ill fork out the extra 20 or 30 quid (relatively little when paying over half a grand for a phone) but does anyone think it will get any more expensive? And how easy is it to jusify it? Taking Inflation into account would put the price of the 5s at around 525 (certainly not 549 anyway) so that can't be the only explanation. How much higher can the price get without deterring people? The capitalist in me does say I shouldn't complain because they can charge whatever the market will bear but the prices going up so considerably is... Undesirable ;)

What does everyone think of the prices at the moment and what they could be in the future? Can they go much higher?

Newjackboy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2012
It depends. Look for £549 to be the absolute minimum

If iphone 6 has a larger screen and some cutting edge new hardware features- it could go as high as £599 max

So somewhere between 549 and 599

Cancelled
Apr 14, 2008
So I bought my 16gb iPhone 4S when it came out for £499. Since then the 16gb 5 went to £529 and then the 5S to £549 from apple brand new. I'm going to upgrade my iPhone 4S to the 6 whenever it comes out and I want to have at least 32gb of space so I can store some films.

Now admittedly even if the price goes up again, ill fork out the extra 20 or 30 quid (relatively little when paying over half a grand for a phone) but does anyone think it will get any more expensive? And how easy is it to jusify it? Taking Inflation into account would put the price of the 5s at around 525 (certainly not 549 anyway) so that can't be the only explanation. How much higher can the price get without deterring people? The capitalist in me does say I shouldn't complain because they can charge whatever the market will bear but the prices going up so considerably is... Undesirable ;)

What does everyone think of the prices at the moment and what they could be in the future? Can they go much higher?

Since the prices haven't been released (and nor the phone announced), the only thing you can speculate is: "They'll stay the same or go up or down."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.