Unsubsidized iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rumorman69, Jul 6, 2010.

1. rumorman69 macrumors regular

Hey guys. So I know you're supposedly able to buy the iPhone 4 (in the USA) for the full unsubsidized price, without a contract. My question is though, how/where can I do this? Can I do it online at att.com or apple.com? Can I call apple or call att to get it? Also, do you still need to have an att account and will you be forced to pay for one month of service? Thanks.

2. Finz151 macrumors member

Finz151

You can buy at the apple store or at any 3rd party resellers like bestbuy, walmart. You can't order it from apple.com, but bestbuy.com offers an option to buy it w/o a contract. I myself bought it at the apple store for $599 on the 24th

3. rumorman69 thread starter macrumors regular

But is there any way I can get it shipped to me (not trough ebay et. al), but from att or apple? Can I call up att and order it without a contract? I cant find the option without a contract on bestbuy.com, it says "sold out online"...

4. Finz151 macrumors member

Finz151

Nope you can't have it shipped w/o including your at&t information at apple.com and att.com...your best option is to wait until bestbuy.com is not sold out or just buy it in the store

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Im not sure but I think you have to be an AT&T customer to order one for full price.
    I know I did.
    Maybe find a friend that has AT&T and have them order one online for you for the full contract free price.

6. rumorman69 thread starter macrumors regular

But if I DO give them y att or apple information then they can ship me the $599 unsbusidized phone? I mean I could just order it by calling apple or att and giving them my att info?

7. Finz151 macrumors member

Finz151

Yeah you can do that, but they still make you sign a new 2 year contract regardless

8. rumorman69 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm sorry but that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. If I am paying the FULL UNSUBSIDIZED price that is because I am getting it WITHOUT a contract...

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Thats false.
    If you pay the $599 and $699 price you dont sign a contract. You just get it full price.
    Thats what I did and Im still ready for an upgrade in Feb 2011.

10. tekniklyrawly macrumors member

11. calvy macrumors 65816

Same story here, except I'm not eligible until March.

12. rumorman69 thread starter macrumors regular

How/where did you get it for the full unsubsidized price? Can you get it over the phone? Did they force you to buy one month of service and did they give you a microsim? Thanks.

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I got it thru AT&T.com but I guess you can also call them and order it.
    Im an existing customer that was using a 3GS on AT&T so all I did is order an iphone 4 for my line and had it shipped to my house. The microsim was already inside the phone before I even opened it. They all come with a preinstalled AT&T microsim in.
    If you know someone that has an AT&T they could order one for you.
    If not Apple or AT&T might give you the runaround.

14. motherFNbrandon macrumors newbie

I got an unsubsidized iPhone 4 from an Apple store after waiting in line on launch day. I did not have to sign any contracts or give them any information other than those associated with my credit card.

15. krUnIzZlE macrumors regular

How about getting a iphone from canada???? if possible??? it comes factory unlocked :eek:

16. rumorman69 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, is there a way to order a Canadian iPhone if you live in the States, directly from Apple.com? I don't want to pay outrageous prices on ebay...

17. canadianipad macrumors regular

canadianipad

Not unless you have a Canadian address and Canadian credit card.
    Of course if you know someone in Canada that could order it for you.
    We Canadians just want to know the release date for the iPhone 4.

18. krUnIzZlE macrumors regular

Are you sure about the "Canadian Credit Card" part??? Because in my other thread, i asked sdome questions and a fellow poster had said tht he ordered from U.K using his egyption credit card. but used a U.K address....

19. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I cannot answer about canada but here in the US, you have to have a US based credit card (and I assume a US address). I've been in the apple store enough times to here people ask to buy an non-subsidized iPhone with a foreign credit card - they were denied, no purchase for them.

20. krUnIzZlE macrumors regular

Well, the problem for me is that i would rather have a unlocked factory phone... if i want, i can get the iphone from the US. but i want from canada damnit. lol