Unsubsidized iPhone from apple store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacScoob, Jun 14, 2009.

1. MacScoob macrumors member

2. Shaan macrumors member

Wow. Great find. I paid $725 off eBay for my unsubsidized iPhone 3G S 32GB and if this had been found earlier I could've gotten it for $699 and delivered a day earlier.

I think Apple might not ship the phone if you order it this way though, they may just cancel the order, not completely sure, worth a try for anyone looking for an unsubsidized phone.

3. Shaan macrumors member

By the way I just tried and it works perfectly:

[​IMG]

4. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

Apple will probably cancel the order. I remember hearing of different Apple Store errors and what normally happens is the order becomes canceled.

5. MacScoob thread starter macrumors member

From what i read i think apple know about it. It reminds me oft the first gen when people skipped the activation process, apple may know about it but as its hacking the site they really don't have to do anything about it. Its at&t's loss not apples

6. Shaan macrumors member

I would think that it breaks the agreement between Apple and AT&T somehow because if Apple was legally allowed to sell unsubsidized iPhone's in the US without breaking their contract with AT&T they would.

I can't see these iPhones getting shipped, once AT&T discovers this exists they will talk to Apple.