Unsuccessful attempts at mail setup

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mac30Mac, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Mac30Mac macrumors newbie

I love this marketing paragraph:
    "Now you can set up a new Mail account in one easy step. Just enter your current email address and password and let Mail do the rest. Mail works with the most popular email providers, like Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, and AOL Mail, automatically configuring those cryptic server settings for you."
    I have tried repeatedly over the past year or more to set up the mail account on my new iMac desktop without success. I use msn.com for mail, but get stumped by the technical choices and answers expected from the various screens when I try to use my existing e-mail account through the iMac.
    I'm not highly technically sophisticated but have common sense and have discovered on my own many of the other iMac mysteries that Apple doesn't bother to explain.
    "One easy step" indeed!
    Can anyone suggest a step-by-step tutorial -- other than the official Apple version -- that would guide me through mail setup?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Primarily, your issue would not seem to be technical, it is financial. You need a Plus account to access it using a standalone email client.