Unsupported iMac G4 Gaming (!)

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Buddygor, May 24, 2012.

1. Buddygor macrumors regular

Hey MacRumors!

So, I have an iMac G4 (700 MHz, 1GB RAM) running Leopard. It runs it actually amazingly smooth and new...esque? So, I have a copy of Lego Star Wars 1 (it's Universal), and it says it needs a 1GHz G4, and 512MB RAM, and my graphics chip is supported. I try to play it, but it starts and promptly closes itself, noticing my incompatible hardware. Is there any way to trick it? Maybe Open Firmware :confused:? Just to make my computer's specs temporarily higher. I have other games like this too, but as the iMac's my main machine, I really want to squeeze everything possible from it. So can I? Is there a file or program or Script I can use? That would be spectacular.

Thanks!
    Noah Budgor
    :apple:

2. TSE macrumors 68030

Unfortunately your iMac doesn't reach the specific requirements the game has set, and I am not sure if you even want to play it on that, most of the time the system requirements set a bench mark for "It WILL run, but not very well at all."

3. Buddygor thread starter macrumors regular

I know that, but I really just want a way. I know it will be slow, but there has to be some way to do this- many others must want to know as well! Don't let this thread die! Please anyone?

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You can do the firmware modification that allows installation of Leopard on sub-876Mhz machines. Just make sure you set the values for 1Ghz or faster.