Unsupported Leopard

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by ppcg4mac, Mar 5, 2012.

1. ppcg4mac macrumors 6502

ppcg4mac

I have a Gigabit Ethernet with dual 450MHz processors and a gig of ram. I have heard that i can get it on leopard even though it is unsupported. Should i put in a 1GHz ppc processor that i have in a bad machine, and upgrade or stay with a ridiculous liger setup. All that i need it for is iTunes 10 for my iPod touch.
    I really dont know much about this..... please help

2. Goftrey macrumors 68000

Goftrey

To install Leopard on an unsupported system, you can use LeopardAssist.

To be honest, in my experience, the processor doesn't make a HUGE amount of difference, it's the RAM that bites. Get yourself at least 1gb RAM and then install Leopard. Considering it's a dual 450 as well it won't be too bad at all.

3. skinniezinho macrumors 65816

You have other methods on the FAQ on my sig.
    I tried it with 1.75Gb Ram when I had the 400MHz, it simply doesn't worth the waste of time...But you have dual 450MHz it can be different, but I guess it wouldn't be "that different"

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

My coworker is running Leopard on a G4/450 AGP with 1GB ram. It's a little slow, but she's still able to produce with XPress, InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Firefox, Word and Entourage running at the same time.

5. ppcg4mac thread starter macrumors 6502

ppcg4mac

Thanks

ill certainly try this in the future, i just need the disks..................