Unsure about iPod touch exchange policy

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by newguineafan, Oct 12, 2008.

1. newguineafan macrumors member

newguineafan

Hello all,
    Just a quick question -- I bought an iPod touch last October. Recently, however, my left earphone completely stopped working. This is the case with all my earphones: the generic Apple kind, high-end ones, and everything in between. I even hooked up my iPod to computer speakers, and the left side never works.

I have never dropped my iPod and it's in great condition. This earphone problem seems to be widespread (google "left earphone ipod touch" or something along those lines), and it seems to be a manufacturing flaw on the part of Apple.

So my question is, if I go into the Apple Store, will they exchange my Touch for a new one? I believe I still have my receipt. Or will they not care?

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

It has nothing to do with rather they care or not. As long as it's still under the warranty period and they can reproduce the problem they will service it. But it sounds like you're just trying to get a new one. Don't expect that, they may just service the iPod or replace it with the same refurb model.

3. aethelbert macrumors 601

They'll most likely give you a refurb of an identical model.

4. newguineafan thread starter macrumors member

newguineafan

I really don't care whether it's a refurb model or not, but if its still under the one year warranty period would they replace it?

5. kwk1 macrumors regular

kwk1

They would repair it, or send a refurb, whatever they choose.

You don't have a choice in the matter.;)