Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ste1164

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
I am a bit unsure about whether to return my iPhone 4. I was wondering if I made a mistake buying it and I should return it. But I am also frightened I will miss the apps and features if I return it. I was also wondering whether to return the 16GB and buy the 32GB as I am paranoid about running out of space as I only have 500MB left. Any help would be appreciated.

ste1164

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
Yea I thought so I want to try some other phones but it will be a pain to return them and buy them again if i dont like them.

ste1164

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
I am just unsure so I am asking people what they would do in my position.

3lionsbecks

Suspended
Jul 19, 2010
Ontario, Canada
what don't you really like about it?

I think it depends on your needs. If you need a strictly as a communication device I suggest you return it and get a BlackBerry Bold instead (push email, bbm, texting etc...)

but if you also want it for games and internet browsing I don't think you can do better than the iPhone.

I haven't tried the BB torch yet but it looks like an excellent mix of the two.

I'd stay away from the Android type phones....haven't heard too much good things about it.

ste1164

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
I love the phone just I'd need 32GB and there is some part of me that thinks I shouldn't have it. I live in the UK so the HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy S or a blackberry bold 9700.

Charadis

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010
I love the phone just I'd need 32GB and there is some part of me that thinks I shouldn't have it. I live in the UK so the HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy S or a blackberry bold 9700.

Couldn't you exchange the 16 for the 32GB version? There have been some members here who have successfully done the exchange for the larger capacity just by paying the difference $100 in US).

If capacity is the only problem, you should try this first. There's no use going through a slew of different brands if the one you currently have fits your needs or surpasses your expectations.

-C

Sent from my iPhone 4

ste1164

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
Yea I am going tomorrow and I will ask them. I bought it from Orange on PAYG do you think I could pay £100 and swap it for a locked 32GB iPhone on orange and keep my sim. Or would I need to pay extra for a sim free one from apple.

S.Kay

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2010
You should have thought about this before dishing out £499 on a phone, that some would kill for. Why on earth would you buy it AND THEN ponder over other phones on the market.

What a waste.

ste1164

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
You are right I should of thought of this more. I did look at reviews of other phones and decided the iPhone 4. One of the main reasons I changed was because I wanted a better signal where and live and at my college. I couldn't afford the £30 a month for the desire or another phone similar. So the iPhone on PAYG with Orange was perfect as you also got free MB a month. I just felt strange about having it.

Charadis

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010
Yea I am going tomorrow and I will ask them. I bought it from Orange on PAYG do you think I could pay £100 and swap it for a locked 32GB iPhone on orange and keep my sim. Or would I need to pay extra for a sim free one from apple.

You should probably try Orange, first, and then Apple if there are none in stock or other complications. Since I have never done an exchange for another phone, I do not know how the process works or what you should expect. However, a lot of posts from other people in the same boat as you have posted some fairly positive experiences.

-C

Sent from my iPhone 4

ste1164

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
Ill ask at apple as the orange manager did not know what a microsim was so. I'd rather deal with people who know slightly more. Thanks very much for the help Charadis.

bowlerman625

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Chicago, IL area
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Cut to the chase. Just return it.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
I am just unsure so I am asking people what they would do in my position.

I bought mine, and still have it, came from Verizon over 1.5 years ago and never looked back, I do not like the Android OS, and I like the integration the iPhone gives me with all my Apple products and one device does it all features.

I went with the 32GB iPhone 4 since I had a 32GB 3GS besides I have been taking a lot of photos and Videos so the space comes in handy, however next time around I am going for the cheaper version if it is 16GB or maybe next year the base model will be 32GB. I rarely use more then 12 GB at any time without moving some photos and videos to my MacBook.

Only you can decide, but my Wife who loved her Android and both my sons who are older loved their Android phones on Verizon are so glad I switched them.

Good Luck

Jayman34187

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
This is a no brainer...You don't like the phone so return it while you still can. You want a phone with features go another route go with a phone hat doesn't need jailbroken to do what you want it to do. Get away from all the apple headache and schemes.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
How do people think we're going to be able to answer these questions for them? You bought the phone for your own reasons, how are we supposed to know what you want? I can only imagine what going grocery shopping is like with you...

Irish Rose

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

My first iPhone 4 was a 16GB, and like you, I didn't think it was going to hold enough over a period of time. I ended up going with the 32GB size with my second one, and I'm glad I did.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.