iPad Unsure of which Ipad to buy?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by simswithguns, Nov 2, 2012.

1. simswithguns macrumors newbie

Ok so I'm going to be using my new Ipad for mainly musical related uses and the occasional game/video watching as well. I'm just wondering is the savings I'm getting w/ the iPad 2 really worth it? I definitely want minimum 32 GB of info. I've been quietly collecting apps for iOS through appshopper.com so I definitely want that space. I guess I have a 2 pronged question. Please note that this is not an immediate purchase which my change the field

Here are my options as they stand

Refurb 64 GB iPad 2 (no 32's in stock atm): $499

Refurb 32 GB iPad 3: $469

New/Refurb (once available) 32 GB iPad 4: $600 or 549 (which i think is the refurb pricing)

Also would like to note that I will probably be getting an iPhone 5 around March/April once my Verizon contract is up. So do I want to keep my stuff unified connection-wise and performance gonna be really worth the extra $$? And then is the difference between retina vs. non-retina really make a difference between the price vs memory? You would probably need to consider that this is the current stock, I'm sure Apple won't have all these iPad 3's forever. I'm looking to purchase around December so I have at least another month before I'm going to get serious about purchasing because its a big one for me money wise.

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Personally I think that is a no brainier. I would take the 3 any day of the week.

3. Dyce macrumors member

4. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

5. simswithguns thread starter macrumors newbie

So iPad 3 looks like the unanimous consensus. Yeah an iPad 4 would set me back an extra 100 bucks for the refurbs (between taxes, etc.) for the same amount of memory. I just hope they still have some by the time I get there. Unfortunately life of a musician/teacher does not yield too many dollars :(

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member