Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beng30

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2013
Hopefully the greater experience of this forum can help, I have an iPhone 5 currently on 6.1.2 all JB and running nice EXCEPT i have a faulty camera :( seems to be abit of an issue with the i5. Good news is apple will replace it :) now i know theres no guarentee of getting a new phone on >6.1.3 but IF i do can i restore from icloud back up during initial setup without it forcing an update to 6.1.4? Can't remember if it did when i got my i5 when new.

beng30

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2013
You can restore content and settings, but you cannot downgrade firmware
You are not forced to upgrade firmware.

Cheers, i knew i wouldn't be able to go back down but wasn't sure if it would force me to go up with the restore. Just have to keep fingers crossed i get an "old" i5.

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
Hopefully the greater experience of this forum can help, I have an iPhone 5 currently on 6.1.2 all JB and running nice EXCEPT i have a faulty camera :( seems to be abit of an issue with the i5. Good news is apple will replace it :) now i know theres no guarentee of getting a new phone on >6.1.3 but IF i do can i restore from icloud back up during initial setup without it forcing an update to 6.1.4? Can't remember if it did when i got my i5 when new.

If you get one with 6.1.3 then you might as well update it to 6.1.4. Both versions cannot be jailbroken.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.