Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nanogirl21

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2011
Midwest United States
does anyone know when (or about how long from now) an unteathered 6.0 jailbreak for 4s devices will be expected? I know that there is a teathered jailbreak but not for the 4s. It was speculations that the Devs have found the holes in the software. Just wondering if I should update my phone now or if going to take a while.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
The good news is that they already found an exploit. Bad news is they have to go through testing and perfecting the jailbreak tool. So that will take a few months. If I had to guess I would say around Thanksgiving. I hope people dont start bothering the devs with this... Imagine having to make a tool and making sure it doesnt brick millions of phones. I can't blame them for taking their time.

BlueRaider

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2012
This is the same situation jailbreakers were in last year when the 4S was released. The difference is that iOS 6 is exponentially harder to jailbreak than iOS 5. Chpwn showed off an iPhone with Cydia running on it. What people don't know is if the "exploit" used was the same one he showcased last year that required a dev account. If it is then it we are no closer to a publicly releaseable jailbreak than at this point last year. I personally don't think we will see a jailbreak before Valentines day and maybe even the release of the iPad 4. People who say there will be a jailbreak in the next couple months are dreaming based on past releases.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
The good news is that they already found an exploit. Bad news is ...

Bad news is the method that was demoed involves using tools only developers have access to (This is usually how they do these release day jailbreak demos)
Jailbreaks done like this will never be released to general public.
So, that will not be the basis for any public release jailbreak for iOS6.

As stated, it will be awhile.

whiskeyvol

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011
at the very least, i don't think it'll be out until the next version of iOS 6 is released - i.e. 6.0.1

DeftwillP

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2011
does anyone know when (or about how long from now) an unteathered 6.0 jailbreak for 4s devices will be expected? I know that there is a teathered jailbreak but not for the 4s. It was speculations that the Devs have found the holes in the software. Just wondering if I should update my phone now or if going to take a while.

Notsureifserious.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.