iPhone Unteathered 6.0 Jailbreak Expected

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by nanogirl21, Sep 25, 2012.

1. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

does anyone know when (or about how long from now) an unteathered 6.0 jailbreak for 4s devices will be expected? I know that there is a teathered jailbreak but not for the 4s. It was speculations that the Devs have found the holes in the software. Just wondering if I should update my phone now or if going to take a while.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Tends to be months after they have found a hole.

4. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

The good news is that they already found an exploit. Bad news is they have to go through testing and perfecting the jailbreak tool. So that will take a few months. If I had to guess I would say around Thanksgiving. I hope people dont start bothering the devs with this... Imagine having to make a tool and making sure it doesnt brick millions of phones. I can't blame them for taking their time.

5. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

That's what she said.

------------------------

I think it'll take at least 2-3 months.

6. BlueRaider macrumors regular

This is the same situation jailbreakers were in last year when the 4S was released. The difference is that iOS 6 is exponentially harder to jailbreak than iOS 5. Chpwn showed off an iPhone with Cydia running on it. What people don't know is if the "exploit" used was the same one he showcased last year that required a dev account. If it is then it we are no closer to a publicly releaseable jailbreak than at this point last year. I personally don't think we will see a jailbreak before Valentines day and maybe even the release of the iPad 4. People who say there will be a jailbreak in the next couple months are dreaming based on past releases.

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Bad news is the method that was demoed involves using tools only developers have access to (This is usually how they do these release day jailbreak demos)
    Jailbreaks done like this will never be released to general public.
    So, that will not be the basis for any public release jailbreak for iOS6.

As stated, it will be awhile.

8. whiskeyvol macrumors regular

at the very least, i don't think it'll be out until the next version of iOS 6 is released - i.e. 6.0.1

9. romeo0119 macrumors 6502

Next year lol, won't upgrade to iPhone 5 till ios6 is jailbroken, can't stand stock ios

10. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

No. Dammit. >.< We will not do this for another year.

11. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

Then why have an iDevice?:rolleyes:

12. DeftwillP macrumors 6502

Notsureifserious.jpeg