Untethered 4.3 JB around the corner

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by WhatAmI, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

@i0n1c: @comex considering that I am an ass I might keep it for myself and never release it :p

2. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

I can't wait. Not that there's anything I care that much about in 4.3 but I do like the idea of the double buzz for texts and some shortened text tones so they're actually usable.

3. crampinator macrumors 6502

4. skillz1318 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm looking forward to faster safari and native wifi hotspot!

5. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

3 posts in and the whining begins. :rolleyes:

6. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

7. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

The sooner the better! All i'm looking forward to is a snappier Safari.

8. shanew21 macrumors regular

Agree. I dont even care if it loads the pages that much faster. As long as its overall stability is much better I will be happy.

9. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Yep, faster safari + FakeClockUp = lifeisgood! ;)

10. RangerXML macrumors regular

11. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

+1 for fakeclockup

12. rans0m00 macrumors 6502

Would almost like to see someone do this would suck for the people waiting patiently but IMO serves the ungrateful group that starts to flame within hrs of an ios release... I still cant figure why apple does not just make ios more open... would think there would be quite a bit of profit in it. Maybe it would be a big turn off to the carriers though to allow a device on their network that they have no real control over or to have control over would have to monitor the type of data like crazy...

13. brand macrumors 601

brand

Because Apple isn't making a killing from the 30% they get off of every transaction that goes through the App Store? Not really a reason to open the iOS platform up. If you want open there is always Android.

14. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

+1... but still, I'm just thankful

15. clactonlad macrumors member

Seems like the 4.3 JB could be held back....

i0n1c Stefan Esser
    With Apple already baking 4.3.1 the first one releasing an iOS 4.3 jailbreak will pretty much burn the exploit :p

i0n1c Stefan Esser
    Well Apple should release 4.3.1 very soon, because tomorrow everybody knows that @0xcharlie popped an iPhone 4 at #pwn2own through Safari.

Taken from:

http://www.twitter.com/i0n1c

16. chiefpavvy macrumors 6502a

My understanding is that Charlie performed his exploit on a device with 4.2.1 not 4.3. He said as much, and noted that with the addition of ASLR on 4.3 his hack would not work as it did - he would have to do significantly more work to bypass the new measures. (But apparently the hole itself is still there.)

Not sure Apple would jump to release a .1 for something like that. We'll see.

17. clactonlad macrumors member

I hope your right bud! :)

18. rans0m00 macrumors 6502

Neh Ill just wait patiently for a stable JB and continue on with my iphone like I have been for a while now. And some profit is better than no profit. Like Microsoft giving students discounts on MS office... think they did it to benefit the student or they saw it as putting ms office in the price range of a student so they will quit pirating it? MS would rather take a small hit on profit instead of no profit. So still does not make sense why Apple would not take the little extra bit of profit instead of no profit. Maybe Apple does not want to deal with the security issues that can arise from an open platform and an ignorant user?

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

God, why dont you make one faster then?
    You know its so easy you just whip up thousands of lines of code and make sure everything works perfect without bugs and a few minutes later its done:rolleyes:
    Get a clue.

I highly doubt Apple will release a patch that fast.
    Last time with jailbreakme it took them a few weeks.
    By that time many people can get 4.3 shsh's and JB on that.
    And not bother updating "accidentally" to 4.3.1 cause all it will do is break the JB.

20. chr macrumors regular

You guys realize a 4.3 jailbreak is worthless without an updated MobileSubstrate because of ASLR. None of your apps will work.

21. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly.
    Its not just the JB hole and then everything will automaticly work perfect with the new iOS.
    It takes tons of work by the JB scene, something many dont understand or care to comprehent.

22. rans0m00 macrumors 6502

Good point forgot about that message I got a few days ago. Oh well get to wait some more :)

23. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

And the faster Safari!
    Haha i hear ya! That means we'll get 4.3 right when iOS5 is released! I'm really hoping we get improved notifications w/ that one!

24. WhatAmI thread starter macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

You're absolutely right, even though the JB might slip out in a few there wouldn't be much point in updating as even Ultrasn0w requires MobileSubstrate, let alone all those sweet tweaks no one seem to want to let go of