Untethered gevey ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jigsb007, Aug 10, 2011.

1. jigsb007 macrumors 6502

hi,

I am an iphone 4 user and currently using gevey sim . is there any other gevey sim available which works as untethered ?

currently , i have to do all steps including dial 112 again if i reboot my iphone.

can anybody confirms that such kind of gevey ( I guess PRO ) is available and working like untether ?

thanks

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

3. navigates macrumors 6502a

I have used Gevey Ultra and must say that it works very well as advertised. I have used it extensively a few days back. Here are my findings.

1. Your phone has to be jailbroken to install furiousmod.
    2. Start the phone and wait and watch. If you get the screen then select Accept. If not just wait.
    3. Check your phone in about 1.5 minutes, you should have service.
    4. In about 5 minutes if you don't have service, then cycle with airplane mode.
    5. When you get service, you have to go to settings and enable data roaming as that setting does not stay after reboot.

In my opinion it works well and I am very impressed that I could use my iphone when travelling. Now if you loose signal, it will pick it up again automatically. In most cases even when I reboot, the signal just comes right back up.