Untethered iPhone 4/ 4.2.1/Mac

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mpossoff, Feb 6, 2011.

1. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Can someone direct me to a video on jb'ing untethered 4.2.1, Mac. Haven't jb'ed my iPhone 4 yet and want to.

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

YouTube video as promised. When searching use the keywords "Greenpois0n rc5"

[EDIT] Applejuiced, you beat me again. lol.

3. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

Can someone elaborate on this instruction. I would want my iPhone to be able to be unlocked when I decide to sell it.

Remember: Greenpois0n recommends a clean restore before continuing. Do not update to iOS 4.1 or iOS 4.2.1 if you need the unlock. Ultrasn0w does not support that baseband yet. The only exception is the iPhone 4. You can update to iOS 4.2.1 without upgrading your baseband by using following this tutorial.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

There's no unlock available yet.
    We would all like to have it too but unless your i4 is on the 4.0.2 firmwares bb or below there's not much you can do but wait.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

just a fyi if your in doubt there are tons of threads that can confirm everything said above. ;) you can also search post by CKZ and you will find several of the threads that way.

6. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

Remember: Greenpois0n recommends a clean restore before continuing. Do not update to iOS 4.1 or iOS 4.2.1 if you need the unlock. Ultrasn0w does not support that baseband yet. The only exception is the iPhone 4. You can update to iOS 4.2.1 without upgrading your baseband by using following this tutorial.

I'm still confused on above...

I have iPhone 4.

I have 4.2.1.

Model: MC318LL

Modem firmware: 03.10.01

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

Clean restore is always best no matter what.

there is no unlock right now! for 03.10.01 (hopefully soon) (nobody knows when)

again all that info was stated by the others. fallow tutorial in post #2 or #3