Untethered Jailbreak for 4S/5.1 (9B179)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BacklitFirefly, Apr 20, 2012.

1. BacklitFirefly macrumors 6502

Where is the best place to keep track of any developments in the jailbreak community? Like tons of people, I really hope an untethered jailbreak for iPhone 4S running 5.1 will be out soon. Just not sure how I would know.

Thanks!

2. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

Any significant progress is sure to be reported here: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

(by signifiant progress I mean something useful released either by that team or by their friendly competitors).

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

Fallow @musclenerd and @pod2g on twitter that's pretty much all you have to do. Also it will be posted here. But there will be numoris threads just asking and not telling. ;)

4. BacklitFirefly thread starter macrumors 6502

And this is one of those threads. (Sorry! lol) Thanks, both of you. Good resources. :cool:

5. shanezam203 macrumors member

So I understand correctly, there currently is NOT a jail break tethered or untethered for iPhone 4s with 5.1 (9B179)?

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

correct unless you are @i0n1c or @pod2g but then you wouldn't be asking the obvious.

7. hiranuk macrumors newbie

Iphone 4s 5.1

Hi

I just bought an Iphone 4s it is on F/W 5.1. I understand i can downgrade the F/W to 5.0.1 which will then allow me to jailbreak, but i need SHSH blobs. Can i download these SHSH blobs fromthe internet?

8. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

No you can't. You can only use blobs you saved yourself but that method still doesn't work for the 4S anyway. You'll have to wait for a jailbreak for 5.1.

9. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

You know if this forum could figure out a way to charge people for posting this question and the unlocking question.... well, just imagine.

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

Or at least get a mod that is active in this section... I like the money idea better though.. :D