iPad Untethered Jailbreak for iPad(3) with 5.1 NOT 5.1.1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Joelb955, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Joelb955 macrumors member

Ok... So I just bought my new iPad and I LOVE it but i need to jailbreak it... the only problem is that i don't have a fast internet connection to update it and it's saying to download the 5.1.1 update it will take about 16 hours... Im not the only one who uses this laptop and my mom doesn't like to use my user account. So i don't have that kind of time. Is there an untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1.0 for the New iPad? I tried the absthene or whatever its called but it says my device is not supported... so I assume its because of the software version?

2. kodeman53 macrumors 65816

No.

Run the download overnight.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Can't you just run the software update from the iPad itself? Should be much faster than downloading the entire 5.1.1 update on the computer. And if you say that the 16 hours is to download it on the iPad, well... how do you ever get anything done if your internet connection is *that* slow????

On another track, if there is an Apple store near you, you can go and use their wifi to download the update.

4. Joelb955 thread starter macrumors member

Well... Im using an Altell broadband connect card, so it wont connect to my iPad :( but Im gonna go to one of my friends houses and do this because a 1.1GB update is not gonna work on this slow thing.

5. Jeffrosproto macrumors 6502

I don't know where you're located, but you couldn't be too far from a McDonald's or coffee shop/internet cafe? Maybe you could go there and use their wifi to do an over-the-air update on your iPad itself. Shouldn't take too long, either.

6. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

It took me under 15 minutes to go directly from my iPad, and I don't have a very good Internet connection at all, like 3mbps

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

1.1 GB is if you download the entire Firmware file to your computer. If you do the update from your iPad, the download size should be much smaller, because it doesn't download the entire firmware, just the parts that were changed.