Untethered Jailbreak for iPhone 4.3?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by theturtle, Mar 24, 2011.

1. theturtle macrumors 6502a

Hey guys,

Everytime i google jailbreak 4.3, all i get is info about iPad. Is there any info on a untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3 for the iphone? I dont have my SSH blogs saved or anything, im just on virgin 4.3. I haven't heard any news about the jailbreak so i figured I might as well ask.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nothing yet.
    I heard some hacker said he'd have it ready by the end of the week and that was like 2-3 weeks ago.
    Not sure whats up, unless they're waiting for the 4.3.1 that should be out within a week now.

3. tehreflex macrumors 6502

The 4.2.1 jailbreak was released and like 2 weeks later 4.3 came out. Dev teams seem to have slowed down since the early days. We need Geohot!

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

True, the 4.2.1 untethered JB was released at that time cause Apple had patched the exploit with the last 4.3 beta so there was no point on saving it.
    That's why they released it ten, if it didnt get patched they would have saved it for 4.3 probably.
    I wonder why they havent released any of the Monte JB tools that reuses your old 4.2.1 or older shsh blobs to JB untethered on the new firmware?

5. chiefpavvy macrumors 6502a

My understanding is that ASLR implemented in 4.3 renders such tactics inoperable, making Monte a very short-lived affair.

6. DarkCloud2015 macrumors member

DarkCloud2015

Dev Team is focused on unlocks, according to Musclenerd.

7. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

It's interesting to see the JB community react to Apple adding ASLR to 4.3. While it makes JBing harder it's better for security.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Oh, I didnt know that.
    So even with the Monte method the ASLR is what's screwing things up?
    That sucks, thanks Apple:)

9. chiefpavvy macrumors 6502a

That's my take, from reading through the lines. We know several of the components had to be rewritten (such as Mobile SubStrate) and there are many more in the process.

ASLR is definitely 'better for security' albeit the implementation in 4.3 is not a full-on implementation. It's more of a starting point and I expect Apple will continue to move more of the core infrastructure under the ASLR umbrella in future releases.