Untethered Jailbreak iPhone 4S iOS 5.0.1 Keeps Respringing in Safe Mode

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by aninhja87, Apr 29, 2012.

1. aninhja87 macrumors newbie

My iPhone 4S is jailbroken on iOS 5.0.1. I haven't had really any issues since I jailbroke awhile back. Last night I was playing Infinity Blade and my phone battery died. When I started the phone back up, the springboard kept crashing into safe mode, and it won't startup my regular springboard. The only Cydia app I've installed in the past couple days (I believe) is Sparrow+, but I don't think that is it. I tried installing the Crash Reporter app, as well as syslog toggle and syslogd, and it will not suggest what it thinks is crashing my spring board. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I have searched many places online and most suggestions are just delete any cydia apps you have recently installed, but I don't know what, if anything, is doing it. I'm also not exactly sure how to use the Crash Reporter. Any suggestions? If need be, I can provide additional info and the crash log if someone actually understands it. Thanks!

2. iphonefedup macrumors newbie

i have the same problem and it was also last night

since last night i have been running in safe mode and one by on
    e, un-installing each app from cydia to see which app has been causing the crash, but to no avail i have finnnally decided to uninstall one zip/unzip app that i have found to be installed in cydia that i never installed, well it has taken over 20 minutes to uninstall so i just did a hard reboot, (holding power and home button) untill the white apple symbol came up. well thats where i am at now, the white appple symbol is still up and now i am going to update my phone to ios 5.1 and see if it fixes it, for now i can go without my jailbreak but apple must know something or there is something behind it all that no one is teling us.

3. aninhja87 thread starter macrumors newbie

What I ended up doing just now was turning off all mobile substrate add ons and respringing. This made it not crash, so now i'm just going through and reactivating ones I'm confident were working fine before, and just doing trial and error