Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

radionickhead

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2008
Tex-Twil: you can tether on 3.x JB, if you google around there are several available solutions.

We are talking about the Jailbreak being tethered, i.e when your iphone powers down you need to re-jailbreak every time. Two completely different issues. I hope that makes sense.

loskickking23: It's really not that bad. I would rather have a phone that I can fully manipulate than one that I can't..The pro's of jailbreaking, even if it is tethered, thoroughly outweigh the cons..I've only had to restart 2-3 times since I jailbroke last month...
The only issue I ever had was on another iphone 3gs that wouldn't re-jailbreak for some reason, after a cydia app upgrade required a restart.. I couldn't re-jailbreak and I had to restore the phone from scratch and jailbreak again.

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2008
Berlin
Tex-Twil: you can tether on 3.x JB, if you google around there are several available solutions.

We are talking about the Jailbreak being tethered, i.e when your iphone powers down you need to re-jailbreak every time. Two completely different issues. I hope that makes sense.

ah ok, sorry :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.