Until we can manually manage our devices...

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
I've had great results creating a playlist from iTunes 'Party Shuffle Feature.'

Open 'Party Shuffle' in iTunes and select 100 for upcoming songs. Then COMMAND+A (Select All) and FILE > Create Playlist from Selection

I usually name it Random Music I ... II ... III and so on until I fill that last bit of space on my iPhone.

I've heard some excellent music that I'd forgotten I had using this method!

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
Hmmm the help files says:

"If you have more media than can fit on your iPhone, iTunes offers to create a special playlist to sync with your iPhone. iTunes fills the playlist with selections from your library; you can change the contents of the playlist and sync again."

Wonder where that feature is ;)

elistan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Denver/Boulder, CO
I do something slightly different. I created a Smart playlist that randomly selects 3000MB of three-star or above songs from my library. When I'm ready for a refresh on my iPhone, I refresh the playlist and sync again.

dodonutter

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2004
Deep South UK
I do something slightly different. I created a Smart playlist that randomly selects 3000MB of three-star or above songs from my library. When I'm ready for a refresh on my iPhone, I refresh the playlist and sync again.
I pretty much did that so i can sync up my iPhone as soon as i get it home. Only question is how do you refresh the playlist?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.