Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clearchaos

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
i just restored and re-jailbroke my iphone 3G on 2.2.1, but every time i sync applications with itunes, it adds 16 Untitled apps. They have no icon, and when i click them it opens Safari to about:blank.

I can remove them the same way you can remove any other app (hold down on app until it shakes, click X) and they go away fine. once i sync another app, however, they come right back. i've been using WINSCP to try to find these untitled apps, but have had no luck.

can anyone help me?

Terance

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2008
St. Louis Area
I figured them out on my phone.

they are placeholders so that you can make certain themes have open spaces, and put a weather bar in or something of that sort.

I don't know why those would be showing up after restore?

I wish I could help more

clearchaos

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
I figured them out on my phone.

they are placeholders so that you can make certain themes have open spaces, and put a weather bar in or something of that sort.

I don't know why those would be showing up after restore?

I wish I could help more

did you figure out how to make them disappear permanently? i can remove them, but as soon as i sync with itunes or refresh my springboard they're there again. :(

Tokiopop

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2008
West Yorkshire, UK
You've installed some blank icons, or a theme that includes some blank icons, from Cydia. Uninstall them via Cydia and you're problems will be solved.

Or just DFU restore, and don't restore your phone backup.

clearchaos

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
A DFU restore will work the best for you.

i did that, but then restored it from a backup in itunes. i really dont want to have to restore, enter all my contacts in again, and rejailbreak/sync apps.

newsound

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2002
A DFU may work, but a DFU and restore from backup doesn't. (I have the same problem).

The only theme I've installed is Homescreen 2.0 - anybody else have this problem.

I really don't want to have to start all over again with my phone (I have a ton of apps and stored info on my phone), so is there another way to go?

Thanks

fing3r

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2009
i had the exact same problem on my jailbroken ipod touch 2g.

turns out it was causes by a theme called BlacRay. got rid of it and got rid of the icons, too.

nice.

newsound

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2002
No BlacRay

i had the exact same problem on my jailbroken ipod touch 2g.

turns out it was causes by a theme called BlacRay. got rid of it and got rid of the icons, too.

nice.

Hmm... don't have that one. Wonder if it could be hidden?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.