Unusable iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by exterminator, Jun 4, 2017.

1. exterminator macrumors regular

I have a problem with an iphone 6. It is practically unusable.

If i interact with the screen, changing screens, holding the screen to go into app delete mode, or open more than 2 apps. it freezes completely.

I formatted the phone and started afresh, keeping only my whatsapp chats, icloud and photos.

I downloaded an app to check the usage of the phone, the memory is constantly full

The phone is a 16gb config with 4-5 still free. Whats up? Its still under warranty.

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I suggest making an appointment at the Genius Bar.

3. Perihelion macrumors regular

Yeah for this one you should probably let Apple handle it.

4. exterminator thread starter macrumors regular

What do you guys think it could be? The phone does not have direct apple warranty anymore, its less than 2 years but more than 1 year old. So I will take it back to the retailer, aMac here in the Netherlands

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like it has a hardware issue.
    Its not software related, see what they can do for you at Apple.

6. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

I'd try a reset with a different Apple ID. Do you have a ton of iCloud Photos? Since you asked what we thought it could be - that would be my first guess. I take thousands of photos a month and I feel the phone acts much better when I back them up and clear it out now and then (Google Photos).

Try a new Apple ID and a phone reset - see if you still get lockups (don't do Whatsapp either). If you have no problems, you know it was one of those 3 -- WhatsApp, iCloud or Photos.

A 6 should be very usable - I have a coworker with one and he's got it near maxed out with apps and photos.

7. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Back up your photos to some other storage,remove them from phone and iCloud,reset phone,problem most likely solved. I had exactly the same error on two iPhones before,one 8gb iPhone 3G,and one 16 gb iPhone 5.

8. Susurs macrumors 6502

Susurs

Some hardware issue...you should probably take it to the store...so they can see what's wrong...

9. exterminator thread starter macrumors regular

First of all thank you for your contributions.

It's an average phone. there are lots of photos. Not a lot to warrant the term 'ton'. On my 6S, for example I should have more. This is my mother's phone. hundreds of pics of the same cat and little baby.

This is interesting. But when I reset the phone, prior to recalling iCloud, if I'm not mistaken, nothing changed. But I will investigate. Thanks everyone